E Rima Ngā Manu / Five Little Birds and Te Waiata Koa / The Happy Song (the first two pukapuka / books to be released in our ‘Rainbow Collection’) and the CD, “Kākāriki: Simply Us”, our debut album!
E Rima Ngā Manu / Five Little Birds and Te Waiata Koa / The Happy Song were the first two pukapuka / books to be released in our ‘Rainbow Collection’ of bilingual Māori songbooks for children.
If you’d like the books signed, and written for a specific person/children, just pop the details in the “Add A Note” section, on the Checkout page.
The books are based on two of our songs, both of which feature on our debut CD album, “Kākāriki: Simply Us”. Their te reo Māori song equivalents, “E Rima Ngā Manu” and “Te Waiata Koa”, were released digitally, and are only available to download or stream on all major digital music platforms.
A true showcase of local Christchurch talent, knowledge and expertise, this project would not have been possible without the collaborative efforts of some amazing wāhine toa! Check out more info on the book collab. team, here.
“Kākāriki: Simply Us” is Loopy Tunes Preschool Music’s debut album!!
A labour of love, we bring to you a mixture of Siu’s originals and some favourites, in the style that we are known for, acoustic guitar and vocals – in other words… simply us! Our intention with “Kākāriki” is to build a rainbow music cd collection for all our lovely followers, starting with green/kākāriki.
The album’s 13 tracks, includes:
- Five Little Birds (a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
- No One Like You (previously sung by John Denver, in a Muppets Special called “Rocky Mountain Holiday” in the early 80s)
- Incy Wincy Spider/Sipaita Si’i Si’i (an oldie in English and Tongan)
- Hungry Puku (a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
- Tīrama, Tīrama/Twinkle Twinkle (an old favourite, in Māori and English)
- E Rere Taku Poi (a Māori poi song)
- Happy Song (a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
- What Are You Wearing? (a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
- Tētahi Taniwha/One Day A Taniwha (an old fave, in Māori and English)
- This Is Jack (the first of our scarf songs, a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
- Peek-A-Boo Teddy (a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
- Catch A Falling Bubble (Catch A Falling Star) (a scarf and bubbles song)
- Ngāti-Fruit Salad Kid (a Siu Williams-Lemi original)
THANK YOU all SO much for your support and we hope you and your whānau enjoy our books and CD!! xo
~~ $2 from every CD sold will be put into a fund, and donations will be paid out to chosen charitable organisations. Recipients will be posted on our website. ~~