A 13-track collection of Siu’s originals, with a few children’s classics, sung in the style the duo are known for, acoustic guitar with vocal harmonies, in other words… simply us!
‘Kākāriki: Simply Us’ is Loopy Tunes Preschool Music’s debut album!
A labour of love, we bring to you a mixture of Siu’s originals, and some favourites, in the style that we are known for, acoustic guitar and vocals – in other words… simply us! Our intention with ‘Kākāriki’ is to build a rainbow music CD collection for all our lovely followers, starting with green/kākāriki.
The album’s 13 tracks, include:
- Five Little Birds – a Siu Williams-Lemi original, about meeting five of Aotearoa’s beautiful birds
- No One Like You – previously sung by John Denver, in a Muppets Special called “Rocky Mountain Holiday” in the early 80s
- Incy Wincy Spider/Sipaita Si’i Si’i – a children’s classic, sung in English and Tongan
- Hungry Puku – a Siu Williams-Lemi original discovering yummy kai/foods we can eat!
- Tīrama, Tīrama/Twinkle Twinkle – an old favourite, sung in Māori and English
- E Rere Taku Poi – a classic Māori poi song)
- Happy Song – a Siu Williams-Lemi original that allows us to journey through different emotions
- What Are You Wearing? – a Siu Williams-Lemi original that is an interactive song about colours we are wearing
- Tētahi Taniwha/One Day A Taniwha – an old fave, sung in Māori and English
- This Is Jack – a Siu Williams-Lemi original, and the first of our scarf songs about a Jack-in-the-box
- Peek-A-Boo Teddy – a Siu Williams-Lemi original that can also be used as a scarf song, with a favourite teddy bear!
- Catch A Falling Bubble (Catch A Falling Star) – a scarf and bubbles song, adapted from a well-known children’s song
- Ngāti-Fruit Salad Kid – a Siu Williams-Lemi original about celebrating the different cultures that make us all so unique
~~ $2 from every full-priced CD sold will be put into a fund, and donations will be paid out to chosen charitable organisations. Recipients will be posted on our website. ~~
We hope you and your tamariki enjoy singing along to all our waiata together!